I'm Rami Pasanen (also known as Rampastring), a part-time programmer, research assistant and course assistant in University of Jyväskylä.
On this page you'll find information on me and my projects.
- Age: 23
- Gender: Male
- Location: Finland (Jyväskylä / Kuusamo)
- Fields of study: Mathematical information technology, mathematics, pedagogics
- Hobbies: Programming, PC gaming, roleplaying, board games, skiing, dancing, spending time in the nature
Programming / scripting / markup etc. languages
- x86 Assembly Language
- Visual Basic.NET
Technologies / APIs / etc.
- Java Server Pages (JSP)
- XNA Framework
- Windows Forms
- Windows Presentation Foundation
- The Interactive Material, an open-source cloud-based platform for creating interactive documents. Used in the univerties of Jyväskylä and Aalto as a learning environment on various courses.
- Jypeli, a simple C# game programming library for educational purposes. Nearly all of its code has been written by others and it's not very actively developed, but I'm keeping it compatible with the latest platforms and IDE versions. Used on the CS1 course in University of Jyväskylä.
Open-source programming projects
- MonoGame / XNA CnCNet Client, an interface for setting up and playing classic Command & Conquer games online. Powered about 90 000 unique players each month in May 2018.
- Rampastring.XNAUI, a MonoGame / XNA Framework UI library. Used in the CnCNet client (linked above).
- CnCNet TS patches, hacks and patches written in x86 ASM and C for fixing bugs in and extending the Command & Conquer: Tiberian Sun game engine.
- Dawn of the Tiberium Age Installer, a simple self-extracting installer for Dawn of the Tiberium Age. Can be easily adapted for any project.
Game mod projects
Game projects that use my open-source CnCNet client (but I'm not actively involved in them)
Misc. school projects / exercises
Projects made on University of Jyväskylä's Youth Game Programming courses
2D Graphics, examples of what I can do
I also have many private programming projects. Maybe you'll hear more of them one day when they're hopefully complete :)
Profiles on other sites